Friday, June 11, 2010

Mayo Results

Yesterday was a Mayo day. It was a followup visit to my regularly scheduled trip last month. The purpose was to do another chest scan to see if my chronic lung condition had gotten better after being off the experimental drug for four weeks. In the interim, I have been on a high-dose course of prednisone (say hello to chipmunk cheeks) and a strong antibiotic. Now for the test.

The results were good. My lungs were almost completely clear as opposed to last month where spidery tendrils and shadowy masses showed in the scan. So, dear readers, I am allowed to continue taking the study drug for now.

The doc and I decided that I would go back on, but cut my dosage in half by taking it every other day. In three months time, I will go back for a full scan to see what the lymphoma is doing. So, that's that.

It was a long day though. We got up at 5 AM for the drive to Rochester. We stayed in the Twin Cities last night and will do some supply shopping today before heading back to Duluth. Looks like a very rainy day here right now.

Sometime this week, one of our favorite bloggers is rumored to be hitting town from Alaska. She said something about the "marathon" which would have to be Grandma's Marathon, one of the most beautiful runs in the country stretching out along the shores of Lake Superior and finishing up in historical Canal Park in Duluth. We are hoping that she might have time for a visit and barley time on the deck. Will let you know.

2 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

very glad to hear the good news! here's hoping the half dose does it's job without creating lung crud.

if ya see moose give her a big hug for me. :)

2:55 PM, June 11, 2010  
Blogger Kristie said...

That's good news, P. It must be a whole new fun sensation to breathe properly after all these months!

12:31 AM, June 15, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home