Friday, February 26, 2010

A Lost Week

This is day five now of the current malaise. It started last Sunday night with fevers and chills, swept across Monday and Tuesday as a semi-hallucinogenic fog that seldom saw me out of bed. I thought the corner had been turned on Wednesday, again on Thursday, but now on Friday I am going to cave and see the shaman's.

For the most part it has been a run of the mill fever/chills type flu (I think), but these were the conditions that preceded my near miss with the reaper last June. I don't need that again.

The worst part as far as I am concerned is the fatigue. I start to feel a little better, do some chores, take a shower, and then the bed turns into a giant black hole that pulls me inexorably down, down, down. It just kills my productivity rate (which was none too high before).

My son has some similar plague that has kept him home for the last four days. We are quite a pair. We both hibernate when feeling ill so we can go for quite some time without seeing one another. I have to struggle to remember to call the school to tell them he will be once again, absent.

Things could be a lot worse of course. I no longer need to worry about being fired for missing work. I have someone who looks after me attentively (thanks R). I get to hang out in pleasant surroundings while feeling horrible. Must remember the good stuff.

Tried to go out with friends to a Japanese restaurant last night, but it was all kind of dream like. Only part of me was there. I was wasted by the time we got home. Tried to stay up but was in bed shaking by 10. Woke up at 3 AM with a 102.8 deg fever. That's what lead me to call for a doctor appointment. With all of my baggage, anything over 101.5 is a warning sign.

I'll let you know how it goes.

3 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

yeesh, get well soon. glad you're getting looked at and you have someone healthy looking after you during the plague days.

2:21 PM, February 26, 2010  
Blogger Kristie said...

I hope you're feeling better. What's the word, P?

8:28 PM, March 02, 2010  
Blogger lime said...

phaedrous,
email me at mountainlime(at)gmail(dot)com please. got your comment at my place :)

lime

10:34 PM, March 02, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home