Monday, November 23, 2009

Tired

Today was one of those foggy, rainy, gray days that make you want to stay in bed all day with the covers pulled up over your head. Wish I could have done that.

Well, the last big move of stuff from the Cities House is now history. We packed up a 24 foot truck and still didn't get it all. My daughter managed to put more stuff in her closet than it could possible hold by bending space-time and borrowing a small black hole. It was like when the clowns keep getting out of the little car. When I finally had it empty, the detritus filled the entire family room. All of that is still in the house awaiting her arrival on Tuesday night.

Oh, the family that wanted to rent the house on the 25th ran into a snag with the sale of their house and lost out to a couple from Austin, TX that signed a year's lease - yea. They move in on Dec. 1 so I have a few extra days to clear the rest of the junk out.

Be that as it may, I am beat. If I didn't have to return the truck this morning I don't think I would have gotten out of bed. Part of the reason why is that all of the junk we brought up is now filling our garages so the cars are outside. We have no room in the house for all of the stuff. Looks like another storage locker is in my future. AND a large garage sale come spring.

I head back down south in a day or two and again after turkey day to continue the cleaning out of the old house. The garbage man is going to send his kid to college on my next payment.

I just keep thinking about those rent checks.

1 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

it's astonishing how stuff accumulates isn't it? i swear it breeds in closets and attics and basements when we aren't looking.

8:27 PM, November 29, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home