Saturday, May 29, 2010


This has been a week of recuperation after a long haul of exhausting work.

Last weekend, we had the big moving/yard/garage/rummage sale and that nearly did me in. Both days I was kicked inside by noon by my caregivers and put to bed with fevers.

The week before, I went to the Mayo for a regular 90-day checkup and the news was good/bad. The good was that the NHL was still in clinical remission - no sign of disease. The bad was that my lungs were worse - more stuff showing up in the CT scan. So we decided that I would go off the experimental drug for 28 days, the maximum allowed under the rules of the study, to see if I could clear up the chronic lung/sinus problems that have been plaguing me for the last two years.

Then there were the fevers. I felt the first on come on as my daughter and I were returning home after picking her up in Madison at the end of the school year. For two weeks I was running mostly low-grade fevers that left me racked with chills and sweats and with no energy whatsoever. This made preparations for the big sale even more difficult. Fortunately there were lots of others chipping in to make it work. We moved a lot of stuff out and made enough to keep the family in groceries for a while.

So, back to the medical side for a minute. After the sale, I could barely get out of bed. The coughing had risen to new levels and I had to irrigate my sinuses each morning to clear out the gremlins that had taken up residence over night. Not good. Plus the fevers started to spike higher.

I consulted with my GP and we decided to see a Pulmonologist. I was able to get in last Wednesday and am now on a high-dose steroid regimen that will taper down over the next three weeks (my deadline for the lung fix). In addition, I am taking a strong antibiotic to counter act the immune system depression caused by the prednisone.

Is it working? Well, no fevers for four out of the past five days. My sinuses have improved dramatically and I can breath through the night. The coughing has improved but has quite a way to go. I have more energy and can actually enjoy the days again.

I am optimistic at this point. I need to kick this thing because when I go back to the Mayo in three weeks for another scan, I need to show improvement. If not, I am probably out of the study.

We will see. More later.


Blogger lime said...

thanks for the update. glad to hear you're still in remission and seem to be responding to the antibiotics/prednisone. will keep thoughts for continued good progress so you can remain in the study.

1:54 PM, May 29, 2010  
Blogger 韋于倫成 said...

視訊美女聊天室戀愛ing聊天室視訊網愛免費影片分享視訊聊天交友elove無碼av女優,av成人網,台灣kiss情色貼圖彩虹情人視訊彩虹情人視訊交友網後宮視訊ol制服美女影片視訊交友cleansing78論壇av短片-免費a片yam交友浪漫月光論免費影片-aa看倉井空成人情色文學成人情色文學A漫 H漫 成人貼圖片區A漫 H漫 成人貼圖片區成人影片成人片色情片色情影片成人區做愛a片a漫網愛 聊天室網愛 聊天室視訊 美女視訊 美女成人 視訊視訊做愛視訊做愛性愛 聊天室性愛 聊天室情色 聊天室

4:04 PM, May 29, 2010  
Blogger Kristie said...

Glad to hear something is working; you've been suffering with that mucous nightmare for far too long.

Sending you healing energy and good thoughts for a summer you can fully enjoy.

7:28 PM, May 29, 2010  
Blogger Linda said...

Keep fighting the good fight. Sending you healing vibes and wish you and your family a great summer!

6:18 PM, May 30, 2010  
Blogger 韋于倫成 said...


6:15 AM, June 04, 2010  
Blogger 于呈均名 said...

教育無他,愛與榜樣而已 ............................................................

7:56 PM, June 07, 2010  
Blogger 采瑩采瑩 said...


7:59 PM, June 07, 2010  
Blogger Burma家銘ege said...

Make yourself necessary to someone.............................................................

2:56 AM, June 11, 2010  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home