Monday, April 26, 2010

The Eyes Have It

Woke up Sunday morning with a good dose of pink eye. Some of the goo living just south of there must have crawled up a tear duct and gone Saturday night dancing.

Stink eye has to be one of the least appreciated things to wake up with. Your laying in bed slowly rising to consciousness, dwelling on the question of why you can't open your right eye. Depending on what you were doing last night, this state can last quite a while. Eventually however, you must grapple with the issue and reaching up blindly, you encounter - yuck - icky stuff all over the sick eye. It's just not a good way to start the day.

Speaking of "not good" ways to start the day, I have to tell you the antibiotic that I finally got the insurance company to OK (even though I had to pay full price because I haven't hit my deductible) is known as one that Shermanizes your gut, as in it marches through there torching all that gets in its way which means that whatever I eat comes straight out like it was stuffed into a garden hose with the water turned up high. That's how I started today.

It's a good thing I am retired and able to look at this with a sense of humor because otherwise I might do something irrational and make the national news.

2 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

good lord that does sound like a wretched way to start the day. does acidopholus help counteract the shermanizing effect of the antibiotic?

12:09 PM, April 29, 2010  
Blogger Cheesy said...

pink eye... scourge of the earth

7:01 AM, May 01, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home