Monday, March 08, 2010

The Reluctant Tourist

I am leaving tomorrow for the east coast. Originally, Risa and I were to go with the purpose of the trip to see her college friend and a god-son. Since I was going along, I wanted to also see my brother who lives in Manhattan, so I got us a hotel room for two nights just off Central Park south. Then things went to shit.

Risa's friend requested time off, but was denied, so she has to work from noon until 8 PM Friday and Saturday. In addition, her aunt, the matriarch of the family (where we were going to stay) was just diagnosed with breast cancer and everyone is going down to Philadelphia on Sunday morning to get her started on treatment.

Risa's ticket is flexible. Mine is not. Plus I pricelined the hotel which is non-refundable. So I am off to NYC by myself for five days. Normally I would be excited about the trip, but right now, it feels like a lonely excursion.

Fortunately my brother has rescued me from spending the last three days wrapped in newspaper in the subway tunnels even though space is pretty tight in his apartment. If there are any NYC readers out there, give me a shout and we can get together for a beverage.

I will have on-line access so if you have suggestions for things I should do, please let me know.

Tata for now.

1 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

well that stinks. i am sorry to hear about all the bad news :(

10:40 AM, March 09, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home