Friday, April 23, 2010

It's Snot Funny

My ongoing cold/flu/lung rot saga has taken a dip into slimier territory. I woke up this morning with no voice and a very sore throat. Having already seen my doc for this week (Tuesday for pneumonia symptoms), all it took was a phone call to get a script faxed in.

BUT when I called my pharma, they told me the script wasn't covered by my insurance and it was $120 for seven pills. Back the boat up Barbie.

Back on the horn to the doc (or his people as the case may be) to see if there is an alternative.

This kind of stuff happens to me all the time and it really frosts my nuggies. Even though a particular prescription would be the best treatment for my particular set of conditions, I can't (economically) get it because some bean counter at the insurance company figures out that they can't make as many millions off that particular set up - DENIED.

Why in the world can't the people in this country get their heads around the concept of universal care where physicians can treat their patients the best way they know how. When that question gets put to the masses what comes back is that it is communism and it will cost too much. My current medical insurance is medicare (government run, socialized insurance) and for the most part it is fine. But the Part D prescription coverage was written by some very twisted fucks must have done it in the middle of a peyote induced trance. Nobody in their right mind could have come up with the loopy shit in Part D.

As for costing too much, we already pay more per person as a society than any other civilized country on the planet and there is no proof anywhere that we get better coverage for that particular honor. Plus we pay for all of the uninsured already through emergency rooms and charity hospital coverage.

It's like we can't see the world in front of our faces. This country is in severe denial and apparently celebrating it with tea parties.

All I want is to put my tax dollars to work taking care of me and mine rather than lining the pockets of war contractors around the world.

OK, that's done. I don't feel well and I am crabby.

2 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

the bean counters making the decisions about which drugs we can have pisses me off royally too. a year ago they were haggling over the cost difference in inhalers for my son. one cost $5 less and didn't work for shit compared to the one that was $5 more and worked very well, thank you. after ages of wrangling and when the samples the doc gave us ran dry while i waited for the ins co to get off its ass i told em every time the kid so much as wheezed i'd cart him to the ER and they could pay $500 instead of $5. dipshits.

10:26 PM, April 23, 2010  
Blogger Kristie said...

Hear, hear! It's criminal, the state of health care in this nation. I won't even get started here, because I won't stop.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

11:58 PM, April 24, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home