Sunday, March 14, 2010

Heading Home

Well, it's been a slice, but tomorrow I must leave the epicenter of every New Yorker's heart and return to the invisible middle of the country. It is where I feel comfortable and at home. I love coming out here, but I am always happy to return to where I was born and grew up (if not older).

I tried to do the right things while here. I visited museums (four) and rode the subways. I walked until my legs stopped working. I stopped into funky little pubs and supported the local micro brews. I tried not to look or act like a hick, but I am sure the natives could tell.

It would have been more fun with someone to share it with. Food alone is never as good as with a friend. Besides, the Museum of Sex is not a place to visit by oneself. Perhaps next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home