Thursday, June 24, 2010

Marathons, Visitors, and the Sweats

As I mentioned in the last post, Grandma's Marathon was coming up. It is now receding into the past. The runners ran (and walked), the bazzilians of paper cups have been picked up, and the hoards have mostly left town (at least until the next big thing).

We were blessed by a visit from Moose of Give a Moose a Muffin fame. See was here to visit with family and then to work the medical tent at the finish line. It was fun to see her and to meet her sister and her aunt.

The visit was short but still nice. She was leaving the day after the marathon to head west for more family and to check in on the housekeeping of another well known blogger that she went to school with in Montana. Safe travels.

Around here this week it has all been about new phones. My son has been camping out at the ATT store so he can score one of the first Apple 4GS iPhones to hit town. Then he is off to Vermont on a road trip with a classmate and her mom to check out some schools and drop his friend off at a camp. He was recruited to help with the driving and because the mom thinks he is a good conversationalist.

The girl is recharging her batteries by staying mostly in bed except when she is not working. Who knew that younguns could sleep so much.

As for me, I have been struggling with fatigue. I am still fighting the lung congestion and attendant sinus issues. Plus I have been running low grade fevers on and off. All of this has left me feeling like all of the energy has been sucked out of me. It's a drag.

Risa and I walked down the hill to watch the marathon, but I couldn't make it more than a few blocks before I had to sit down and rest. Not normal for me at all. The climb back up the hill to the house went very slowly.

I talked to the Mayo people about it, but there wasn't much they could suggest. Well, I let you know how it goes.

TTFN

5 Comments:

Blogger Kristie said...

Keeping a good thought for you, always.

3:40 AM, June 25, 2010  
Blogger lime said...

glad the visit with moose was nice, if short. sorry to hear you are feeling short on energy. hoping that can be alleviated.

2:06 PM, June 26, 2010  
Blogger Moosekahl said...

It was so great to see you and yes, I truly wish we had had more time to visit. Always keeping you in my thoughts. Thanks for sharing your beautiful deck and vino with us for the evening! Love ya!

11:14 PM, June 29, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

加油!期待更新哦!.................................................................

2:37 AM, July 22, 2010  
Blogger Crystal said...

I haven't said hello in a while and I just wanted to do that. You are on my mind and in my prayers.

Love you.

11:30 AM, August 09, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home