Wednesday, July 30, 2008

On the Road in Madison

We (daughter and I) are in Madison, WI for her university orientation. Last night was spent in a bare-bones dorm room (she in the female wing with a roommate and I in the male wing solo so far). I am sure that my original dorm room was not too different from this one, but in those days it seemed larger. It has been a while since I slept in a bed that narrow and had to trundle down the hall for my nocturnal visits to the bathroom.

So far today, we managed to meet for breakfast in the dorm dining room before I dropped the girl off for a morning full of placement tests. My "todo" list was pretty short. Buy a two-day parking pass, buy a newspaper, find a coffee shop with WIFI and read paper. It's 9:45 in the morning and I have already exhausted my chore list. I don't expect to hear from Kate until sometime after noon so I have a lot of time on my hands and it's too early to hit the brewpubs.

Check back later and I'll let you know what exciting things transpired.

Ciao fer niow.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristie said...

That's where I wanted to go to school. I was accepted, but I couldn't walk away from scholarship money in my home state. Hope you both have a nice visit, of the school and with each other when time permits.

11:16 PM, July 30, 2008  
Blogger Moosekahl said...

Madison is such a cool town...enjoy!

12:00 AM, July 31, 2008  
Blogger Cheesy said...

Oh P~~~ It's noon SOMEWHERE!

8:26 AM, July 31, 2008  
Blogger lime said...

it was just yesterday i was going through orientation, now i have to consider the oldest limelette's next year!

4:16 PM, July 31, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home