Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Up Nort

Two gorgeous days in a row. It's enough to spoil a guy.

My son and I drove up yesterday after getting off to a slow start. You would think that with a slow start, I would have had plenty of time to make sure I packed everything that I needed into the car. The last time I drove north, I forgot to pack my meds. This time I almost left without the dog food, dishes, leash, etc. I was reminded of that at the last moment by my co-pilot who was still rubbing sleep out of his eyes. Why he didn't tell me about my toilet kit, I don't know.

So, here I am with a brand new toothbrush, toothpaste, contact case, contact solutions, but no glasses which means that once I take my eyes out, I am totally dysfunctional.

Work proceeds on the house. I am starting to see some exterior framing going on which will slowly define the expansion on the lake side of the house. Late this afternoon another cement truck pulled up and the floor/ceiling of the garage expansion was getting poured. I hope that I can catch a couple of snaps later today to upload to the web album.

For those of you who are keeping score, my latest blood draw did not clear the hurdle. In fact, the neutriphil count lost some ground. This resulted in a flurry of phone calls between the Mayo and my pocket (fone home). I am now set up to receive a series of WBC stimulus shots starting next Monday. These are the same little shots that I used to give to C when her counts dipped too low. They come in little tiny syringes with real big price tags. And (bonus), they hurt a lot.

Hopefully, they will do the trick and jump start my WBC factory so that I can get back on the study drug. We shall see.

We head back south first thing tomorrow morning. I have to meet with the hand surgeon early in the afternoon. I am interested in what he/she will have to say.

That's all for now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristie said...

I'm envying your cooler weather; it's scorching here.

I wish the news were better on your bloodwork. Saying a few prayers that those nasty shots do the trick.

12:42 AM, July 03, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home