Thursday, June 12, 2008

Confessions

It's been almost a week since my last post, please forgive me. Is that how it goes? I'm not catholic so all I know is what I have seen in movies.

It's been a wild week. There have been graduations, grad parties, parent meetings, a trip up north where I left the boy and made a huge haul at poker, only to return home and face the fact that my daughter's graduation party is tomorrow and I had a boat load of things yet to do. And as luck would have it, I had an appointment at the Mayo today, which is where I am writing this from.

So, everything that I needed to do, I needed to do yesterday and just when I setttled in for a well deserved rest, a neighbor called asking if she could drop off a bunch of stuff for Friday's festivities. Well that led to a gin and tonic on the porch and a long visit and more gin and tonic's which led to a mini-marathon of Wire episodes that needed to be watched which led to a late night indeed and a somewhat subdued patient here at the Mayo.

They just drew blood and I am curious as to what the results will show as I was supposed to abstain from alcohol for the previous 24 hours. Oh well, I was never very good at following rules.

What I do know is that I am planning on a major collapse after tomorrow when my responsibility as the parent of a graduate is officially over. Phew, it's a lot of work. I'll let you all know how it goes and I will throw up some pictures on Flickr when I have recovered a bit.

Anyway, I wanted to drop a quick line while I was between appointments here. Ciao fer now.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Throw up some pictures" .... perhaps a poor choice of words considering your evening?

2:37 PM, June 12, 2008  
Blogger lime said...

ooof, i hope the imbibing doesn't mess any of the meds or bloodwork up. after the party sleep for about a week. i'm starting tomorrow since today was the last day of school.

4:15 PM, June 12, 2008  
Blogger Debbie said...

You deserve a rest after the shindig you're throwing! I hope it's wonderful and yes...we will need pictures, of course!

5:57 PM, June 12, 2008  
Blogger Moosekahl said...

I hope you are surviving the weekend!

10:27 AM, June 14, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home