Saturday, July 05, 2008

The Fifth

I'm not taking it. It is it. You know, like The Fourth, only a day later.

Nothing dramatic to report. The boy and I got back on Thursday and I almost made it to my medical appointment on time. I learned there that I have mild carpal tunnel issues in my left wrist which should be "watched" for the time being. My thumb on the same hand (NPI) needs a little loving scalpel attention. He said that I could waltz in and after a little local anesthetic, zip, snip, and out I go with no more trigger thumb. I think I'll sign up for that.

On the FOURTH, my son and I went on the annual Watermelon ride. We wimped out and settled for the 15 mile route which kept us mostly on trails in the area. It was a beautiful day for an activity like that. By noon, we were home.

After that, the boy went off with his aunt and I just lay around all day occasionally taking a tylenol for the low-grade fevers that continue to haunt. Bout six, I headed over to the old neighborhood for a low-key BBQ followed by a pontoon boat ride out on the lake as the local shoreline residents attempted to outdo each other with their fireworks displays. Since when have private individuals start providing entertainment like this which could give some small communities a run for their money.

It was pretty nice. Old friends, good food, free entertainment. Even so, I was ready to head home when it was over to my empty house and my smelly dawg.

Now, it's the FIFTH and things are quieter again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cheesy said...

I for one am whooped... and I didn't partake in any "fifths" either.. Looking forward to a day off.. I think I will enjoy a 6th!

1:01 AM, July 06, 2008  
Blogger lime said...

glad the thumb issue can be solved quickly. hoping the carpal tunnel settles down and the WBC shots do the trick for you.

2:02 PM, July 07, 2008  
Blogger Crunchy Mama said...

Hope the WBC shots worked out and helped, at least a little - it would be good to see that you were back on the experimental drug. Anymore, long pauses from you tend to get me worried. I never think that something awful has happened, but instead that nothing good is happening. Then again, I've been told before that I'm a fatalist, and I don't expect my pessimism to end anytime soon. There are a lot of miracles that would have to occur before then. Hope all's going well, and that the last few weeks - well, okay, the last week and a few days - have served you well.

10:52 AM, July 13, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home