Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Life is Too Short

Life is too short for some things. For example, I hate my toothpaste. Why should one have to subject ones self to an unpleasant situation twice everyday? I have enough to be depressed about without having to dread brushing my teeth.

That's what I mean. Life is too short for this shit.

So why am I dealing with it every day? That is the big question.

Background - I needed to buy some toothpaste to replace the tube that the nazi security guards confiscated on my way back from Mexico. I know, I could have avoided it by buying some small tube of whatever, but I spaced it and the vigilant guard was rewarded after taking apart my luggage with a tube of organic toothpaste, which he pitched.

So, upon returning home, I went shopping for a replacement and bought a tube of organic toothpaste from a known national brand, but did not look at, or did not register the flavor. It was not until the next day that I discovered that I had bought a year's worth of horrid flavor that I would have to subject myself to every morning and every night.

How many of you chew fennel for fun? Bueller? Anyone? Anyone?

Just as I thought. No one in their right mind would buy anything that tasted of fennel. Would they? No.

So now I have this tube of hateful toothpaste and I can't seem to get rid of it. Oh, it would be simple enough to buy a different tube of toothpaste at the natural food store. I know that, but it hasn't happened so far. Why not? I hate this stuff. What is keeping me from just buying a new tube of toothpaste? What is my problem?

Do you see my dilemma? This is a simple problem to fix, but I seem to be incapable of doing so. Am I caught in some kind of Greek drama, doomed to live out a scenario that is obvious to the actors, but unchangeable?

You tell me. I don't know.

What I do know is that if you don't like your toothpaste, change it.

P.

*******************

Postscript: Another thing I know. Don't blog after taking pain medication. He he he.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bitch said...

There is obviously only one thing you can do. Go on another trip and put the hated tube in your carryon bag so that the Nazi security guards will confiscate it. I'm surprised you didn't figure that out on your own.

12:42 PM, July 17, 2008  
Blogger lime said...

damn, bitch beat me to the punch. well the solution does seem obvious. oh yeah, blogging under the influence...i remember that too. fun stuff. glad to hear the respective surgeries seem to have gone according to plan. heal up but in the meantime enjoy the painkillers.

hoping the trip to the mayo goes well.

7:34 PM, July 17, 2008  
Blogger Cheesy said...

Use the dreaded fennel chit to spackle any holes in your walls.... Then go buy beer flavored paste!!

11:41 AM, July 18, 2008  
Blogger Moosekahl said...

I like cheesy's idea. Spackle sounds useful.

6:12 PM, July 19, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home