Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Gimps

My daughter is in a leg imobilizer and popping pain pills like tick-taks and I have a left hand that is still partially numb and wrapped up in a soft elastic bandage. My son is being called upon to wait upon our needs which should produce sufficient material for at least a couple of posts.

The girl's surgery went well according to the surgeon and she is able to hobble around on it, but is still confined mostly to her bed. My surgery also went well (I think). I even got to see the work they did before they sewed me up (way cool). But, as I say, the paw is still mostly numb so I am reduced to doing minor wiggles that I can't really feel.

On the matter of my blood counts, my Mayo doc wants me to come down for another bone-marrow biopsy to see if they can determine why I am not regenerating my neutrophils. So I will do that early next week. Fortunately, I now have a chauffeur who is more than happy to assist me with my transportation needs.

That's all I know for now. More later.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristie said...

Glad to hear the surgeries went well. You take it easy.

11:11 PM, July 16, 2008  
Blogger Cheesy said...

You all mend quickly.. that's an order!

11:43 AM, July 18, 2008  
Blogger Moosekahl said...

the block is a bit weird, isn't it?

Glad you and the girl are doing well and the son will survive the slavery I'm sure.

6:13 PM, July 19, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home