Monday, April 30, 2007

So Tired

I am a tired puppy.

I awoke about 2 AM last night and never really got back to sleep. Today has been one long slog. Plus, I have felt icky most of the day. Don't know why. Maybe just because I am tired.

I have been trying to do some planning for a trip that I hope to take my kids on this summer, and I find that making lists gets harder when the little grey cells don't fire on command. Good thing I am starting early.

We have been having small thundershowers since late this afternoon and it is still raining and occasionally booming. I love thunderstorms. This is the first one this year and it makes me happy to listen to the water dripping off the eaves and pattering on the leaves. We need the moisture so badly too.

I managed to scrape a dinner together late. We had to wait for the girl to get home from her various athletic practices. I naturally had planned to grill, so I was in and out quickly, trying to flip steak and brats on the grill in between the raindrops. It came off well enough though. Now, the dishes are getting done and I am here, doing a quick update before I hit the bed and veg a while with a movie.

I hope that tonight, I get past 2 AM.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristie said...

Sweet dreams. May the rain be your lullaby.

9:40 PM, April 30, 2007  
Blogger Cheesy said...

We don't usually get t~boomers till summer..enjoy the concert! Please sleep deep.. have an awesome day tomorrow!

11:08 PM, April 30, 2007  
Blogger Biscuit said...

I adore storms. Always have, even when I was a small child. There are few things that make me happier and more excited than a good violent storm.

5:53 AM, May 01, 2007  
Blogger lime said...

happy memories from childhood of sitting on the back porch with my dad and dog during a thunderstom watching the lightning dance on the fields. I still like them.

i hope you slept better last night and wake up feeling perkier today.

7:11 AM, May 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home