Saturday, April 28, 2007

Strange Days

I am watching the NFL draft (interspersed with a DVD of "More Tales of the City") which is about as improbable as something intelligent coming out of Washington.

I'm not a big football guy. So what am I doing watching the NFL draft? Some of you might recall a post a while back where I went off with three other guys to watch a Notre Dame home game because one of those guys, an old friend, had a son who had been starting for ND since he was a freshman.

That same young man is up for the draft today. So here I sit, in my darkened bedroom watching hours of blowddry blowhards spew hot air discussing things I know nothing about. Of course, I can always use the excuse that I am supposed to take it easy and recover from yesterday's chemo.

It's not like I have been totally non-productive, I cleaned the ear wax out of both ears. I fed the beta fish. I read the paper.

I didn't make it to my daughter's track meet, which I had hoped to do. She had a good day - new personal best, letter qualified, and place sixth in a discipline she just switched to this year. So hats off to her.

It's a beautiful day here and I wish I felt better. Tomorrow will be much different, but today is still a blah one for me.

Anyway, I just wanted to say "Hi" and let you know I was still here.

Ta.

6 Comments:

Blogger Biscuit said...

I hope you're feeling better soon, too. Saturdays are not meant to accomplish much, you know ;)

6:49 PM, April 28, 2007  
Blogger Cheesy said...

Im sorry you missed girl kiddo's meet but... you DO need to rest. So did he get picked by a team I love??????? [I'm a football Freak!]

7:57 PM, April 28, 2007  
Blogger Leesa said...

Hockey gal myself.

Lying in a dark room sounds nice :)

Hope tomorrow is better for you.

10:22 PM, April 28, 2007  
Blogger lime said...

well, i have sat through 3 seasons of high school football and i still couldn't tell you the first thing about football other than it is overly large guys in pads and spandex, crashing into each other over an improperly shaped ball. (i'm only there for the marching band anyway)

hope tomorrow is much better for you and congrats to your daughter on her terrific results.

11:40 PM, April 28, 2007  
Blogger Kristie said...

Sounds like a productive Saturday to me! Hope today is a better day for you.

11:41 AM, April 29, 2007  
Blogger Radish King said...

I just watched a movie that scared the pants off me. Literally.
Rebecca, HNS

8:29 PM, April 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home