Friday, April 20, 2007

Musings

It is Friday and sunny. It is getting warmer outside and the dog is begging for a walk and I will succumb, but not until I have done my morning surfing.

The internet is truly a strange and amazing place. Take the business of public photo hosting. Who would have thought a few years ago that so many people would hang intimate views of their lives in virtual space for any browser to see? From the viewing standpoint, it is addicting. I waste far too much time clicking through the shots put up on Flickr as part of their 365 Day project, where bloggers post a self-portrait every day for a year.

For a people watcher like me, this is akin to mainlining good junk - and it's free. Except that nothing is really free. But I get sucked in on a regular basis. And of course, with time, I begin to "know" some of the participants, and even look forward to seeing what pose or place they will feature next. Some, on the other hand, go for the "standard" look. Like the person who's link I am posting here.

To experience the true depth of this site, you have to actually read the comments under his daily photos. Just looking at the pictures is not going to do it.

Have fun.

2 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

there is some tremendous stuff there. the interpretation of self is just fascinating.

yeah, you're one junkie telling another where to score....thanks...a lot....lol

4:16 PM, April 20, 2007  
Blogger Biscuit said...

I have to admit, I've never ventured into the realm of flickr surfing. It looks like it could become as addictive as blog surfing, and for that you are a bad person for putting ideas in my head ;)

I'll take you up on that ride! Thank you for the birthday wishes!

9:13 PM, April 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home