Sunday, April 08, 2007

A Quickie


It is so nice to wake up and WANT a cup of coffee. That's the first sign that I have turned the corner. So, it was up before the sun crested the surrounding hills, walk the dog, collect the fat Sunday paper, make the coffee, and sense the beginning of the day.

The bare oak trees that surround me are full of wood ducks. It is so strange to see ducks sitting way up in the tree branches like that. Sometimes there are wild turkeys roosting in the trees which looks even more strange. The ducks are waiting for the sun to hit them and start to warm them up, not to mention that the pond is frozen over again and needs the early day's heat to melt some clear spots.

As you can see from the picture, I have a temporary solution to the loss of body heat from a non-insulated skull. I remembered that the SIL who used to make me custom shirts produced a matching doo-rag for one of them out of excess material. It's a little large. I think she used a basketball as a template, but it will suffice.

Hope your holiday (if it is one for you) passes pleasantly. I will enjoy the solitude here at home while my children pay respects at the in-laws. Finally, they are good for something. LOL.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cheesy said...

I'm so happy your paper was there! lol Happy easter~~Pass the crossword please?

9:03 AM, April 08, 2007  
Blogger lime said...

i am digging the doo rag! i'm glad you're feeling more like yourself. savor the coffee, enjoy the crossword and i hope the peace is restorative. hugs.

11:18 AM, April 08, 2007  
Blogger Kristie said...

Stylin'!

1:02 PM, April 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home