Sunday, April 01, 2007

Thank You

I would like to say thank you to all of you who sent me best wishes (and more) on this day. I am sitting in my bedroom as I write this after soundly thumping my daughter in cribbage (skunked her the last game, tho she claims she let me win because it's my BD - haw). I spent the day being a parent and indulging myself in some of my favorite things.

On the parental side, I had to go grocery shopping because we were out of food. I also did up the week's menu so I could make a shopping list, but the prime motivator was that I was out of yogurt which I needed to make bread and bread is my life's staff. While the rest of the world is going carb free, I stick to my homemade bread for a fair portion of my days nutrition. It starts me off and sometimes is my only sustenance until dinner.

I also made homemade spaghetti sauce. My daughter said that her new boyfriend wanted to come over for spaghetti and since I like it so much, and since it is cold and rainy here, I thought I would make up a batch. He couldn't make it tonight, but maybe later this week.

I also picked out a very nice bottle of wine for dinner - a 97 brunello that is truly wonderful. I have a taste of it here beside me as I write.

For those of you who are curious, I posted pictures of this evenings events on Flickr (click the images on the sidebar to go there). It has been a nice day.

The kids gave me a 7'x7' crossword puzzle (where did they think I would hang it up?). My SIL and BIL gave me a T-shirt and a CD that both relate to a local acoustic music stage. Very thoughtful.

My other SIL in Duluth gave me three of the Armistead Maupin books on "Tales of the City" which I look forward to reading. So, all I need now is a complete body massage and a good lay and my day will be complete. Even without the latter, I cannot complain.

Thanks to all. Love, P.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cheesy said...

***As I steal a sip of wine****

I will count over your shoulder...15-2 15-4 and a pair for 6!

Glad your Bday was a gooder....fun prezzie of the Crossword! I gave my Dad one of those a few yesrs back. Damned if we didn't have a blast over the course of about a year doing it! Mom on the other hand was glad when we completed it...she bugged me weekly to visit so Dad and I would finish that darn thing ~~she finally got to put grandbaby pics up again on the downstairs wall!

9:21 PM, April 01, 2007  
Blogger Leesa said...

Sounds like a great day :)
I'm also sipping wine, and have some great bread a friend sent me from California :)
Happy Birthday :)

10:23 PM, April 01, 2007  
Blogger John Cowart said...

Hi Phaedrous,
Glad you enjoyed a good day.
Those loaves of bread look scrumptions; I'm using one of your photos as my desktop background for today.

9:29 AM, April 02, 2007  
Blogger lime said...

i'm glad the day had some real lovliness to it. i got one of those 7'x7' crosswords for christmas...holy cow it's unwieldy! hhmm...considering issuing a challenge even though you'd probably hand me my ass....lol

glad to hear i am not the only one who thinks she could live on bread alone and who refuses to go low carb(ok, gotta have my chocolate too....but you get the idea)

10:38 AM, April 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home