Sunday, March 18, 2007

Better

Just a quick post because I have much to do. We hope to go north to visit with family yet this afternoon which means packing and getting ready to leave for a couple of days.

I am feeling better today than yesterday. For those of you who didn’t know, I did a round of chemo on Friday – the old fashioned kind (quite toxic) mixed with the new fashioned kind (which added five hours to the process). Friday night and yesterday, I felt quite sick. Not nauseous exactly, I took medication to hold that off, but severely hung over, poisoned, weak, foul-mouthed, and just generally rotten. Most of that has passed on, I hope.

This is kind of what I remember from the last time I did this particular version of chemo thirteen years ago. The bad taste in my mouth won’t go away until I am off the drugs for a while – months if I recall. So, I will live with that. The hangover part will be there for a day or two every treatment which will be every three weeks.

My appearance will change. I will lose my hair in about two weeks so I hope the weather turns warm by then. I’ll have to install a mirror in the shower so I can shave my head in there. If your going to be partially bald, might as well go for the whole look I think. It’s bound to improve my sex appeal.

Anyway, that’s where we are right now. As I said, this is short because I have to get moving. More later.

3 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

i'm glad the really nasty part seems to have passed. hope you and the kids have a terrific visit north.

as for the completely bald look, your sex appeal is just dandy with or without hair.....i guarantee you'll be a helluvalot sexier than britney spears!

hugs

3:46 PM, March 18, 2007  
Blogger Cheesy said...

Drive safe!

[I think the chrome dome look is in this spring!?!]

7:55 PM, March 18, 2007  
Blogger Kristie said...

I'm not entirely sure you need anymore sex appeal, but if'n you're gonna have it, you should work it!

How long do you have to have this treatment? Every 3 weeks for...?

Sending hugs and good vibes your way. Have fun up nort'.

11:57 PM, March 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home