Sunday, July 02, 2006

Spontaneous Nekkid Sunday

Today is SNS at my house. All chores and activities are being conducted without hindrance of clothing (except the thistles, I might add).

Actually, it was the thistles that did it. I have been slowly picking away (NPI) at them for the past week, but for the last two days, I have been lazy. So, today, armed with determination that comes from clean living and a good night's sleep (required from days of unclean living and little sleep), I strode forth at 7 AM dressed in long sleeves, long pants, and tall rubber boots to harass and generally kill the herd of thistles that live up on our drain field.

This must be done early in the day before the heat starts to accumulate due to the excessive clothing required, but even so, it is a matter of seconds - not minutes - before I am drenched in sweat. This morning was no exception and after forty-five minutes of this, I declared victory and left the field.

Once in the mud room, I doffed the boots, pants, and shirt and stood there dripping. Then I thought, "Hey, wait a minute. I am home alone. The kids are both gone for several days and the dog doesn't care. I'll just stay naked." That was approximately six hours ago. What a great feeling. The chores are done; the bread is in the oven; the annual maintenance on the HVAC system is taken care of; the paper is read - and all without a thread on.

We live in the woods and even the nearest neighbor has only broken vision through thick trees so I even took to sitting out on the screen porch. My only concern would be if someone dropped by unexpectedly, but then again, it wouldn't be the first time I answered the door nekkid (but the first time in about 30 years).

Overall, I would recommend it. The AC has been off all day (had that maintenance to do) and I have been totally comfortable in my natural state. I did have to take extra care when transferring a pan of boiling hot water from the stovetop to the oven for the final rise of the bread dough, but managed to get through that unscathed.

Opps, gotta go and get the bread out of the oven. Don't come over unannounced unless you are female and nekkid too.

P. Posted by Picasa

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do know how to spend a Sunday, Phaedrous. :)

2:57 PM, July 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, wonderful! aside from thistles i don't recommend the frying of bacon while naked ;)

10:53 PM, July 02, 2006  
Blogger Phaedrous said...

Oooo, yeah. Bacon would be dicey. Have to wear a manly apron or something.

As an endnote, I finally had to put on some shorts and a t-shirt to go to a cousin's house for dinner. Felt constraining after a day of freedom for all the parts.

P.

8:50 AM, July 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can 'hear" the happiness in your 'voice".

Man it's about time.
Enjoy.
And I'd come over nekkid too...but there's that I'm married thing and all...
sorry...

good to see you're finding your footing again.

10:29 AM, July 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great idea:) I could get away with that too, except for the "unexpected" visits. Love it :) HHNT

9:38 AM, July 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Niiiice way to spend a Sunday. Jsut be careful if you're grilling up burgers that way...grease splatters...this I know from personal experience. :)

HAPPY HNT!

9:56 AM, July 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a great day. Certainly made for a great picture! HHNT!

2:50 PM, July 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear p,

my son just pulled off bound for sc. i just found out he's going to be gone 2 days longer than i thought....eeek. think i'm going to go shed a few tears in the shower so my 15 yr old doesn't think i've lost my mind. doesn't help that he's just started with a wicked head cold which so often goes right to his ears or chest....repeating my mantra.
i know your lonliness is magnified so many more times. i read your july 4th letter. hoping for at least one moment of joy for you each day and for a happy reunion when your kids get home. hugs to you.

8:39 AM, July 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weeeeeeee! House cleaning nekkid!
Alriiiiiiiiiiight! ^5 ;)

~*HHN4*~ & Farewell...
=)

12:23 PM, July 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy!!

8:14 PM, July 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home