Wednesday, June 14, 2006

What's Next?

Hello Everyone.

I want you all to know that we are doing OK. K and J are spending a lot of time with their various support groups and appear to be doing pretty normal, beginning of summer things – like, not much.

I am trying to deal with all of the little details that need attention. There are documents that need to be located; forms to fill out; people to talk to – all in an attempt to settle C’s estate. Plus, the house demands cleaning, the garden needs weeding, the cars need maintenance, and the dog still sheds.

We are all working on the plans for C’s memorial luncheon. Joe has a long list that he worked out with C’s boss, plus he is working on a slide-show presentation for the event. The details are numerous and growing.

Some of you may be wondering about the future of this website. We started it shortly after C was diagnosed and the main endeavor has been to keep you all abreast on her journey and how it affected the rest of us. Unfortunately, the story does not stop there. As most of you know, I also have cancer and have known about it for twelve years as of tomorrow. While I have written mostly about C over the past three plus years, I will continue on sharing my own story for those who wish to tune in.

Parts will be different – being told in the first person, but most will be the same I suspect. I will write of our life as a family, albeit a slightly gimpy one now that one of our legs is missing. I trust that we will adapt with time. Someone else will exercise more and take up some of the slack. It will never be the same, but that does not mean that it will be bad. Our challenge now is to go forward and find this new way.

I wanted to post a new picture to go with this writing. This is probably the best photograph I have seen of C when she was at the top of her game. It was taken on the patio of the restaurant she helped to build and where her memorial luncheon will take place. She was the happiest I have ever seen her in her role as president of the company she ran for the last five years. I have heard it said that it was such a tragedy to see her cut down when things were going so well, but I prefer to think that C found something that many of us do not – the perfect job and a chance to do it.

Peace,

P. Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pic. God bless.

10:18 AM, June 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for sharing this picture of your beloved wife. i hope shots like this and precious memories make you smile.

12:33 PM, June 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow..great memories :)

7:45 PM, June 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phaedrous,

I haven't blogged in a while but your situation has remained in my heart. I'm amazed how one can ignore the inevitable as I have when reading your blog. I've always searched for the happy ending in things, and the realism is, sometimes happy ending don't exist. Just endings which transition to other things. I was very saddened to read of your wife's passing just today.

I don't know you personally, but for some reason I feel your grief. I'm so very sorry for your loss, and I appreciate you sharing what you have been through. If for no other reason, so I can appreciate life more and how precious it is.

Do take care and again, I am truly sorry for your loss.

Jeff

10:36 PM, June 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home