Saturday, March 22, 2008

Where's Spring?


After seven days of sun and surf with temps in the high eighties (about 30 C for the rest of the world) we came home to this late last night. What a rude transition.

Still, it was so nice to sleep in my own bed even if I did have to pile the blankets on.

We have a quiet house this morning. The girl is off at a track competition. The boy is hibernating in his room. I have yet to go and pick up the dawg from her foster family. We have no food or milk in the refrigerator, so that will have to be remedied. Then there is the laundry smelling of sun-block and sand.

It was nice to get away to somewhere warm for a while. My dry skin has a new lease on life and I avoided getting sunburned (not so for the larvae). I got to explore a whole new world of mango drinks (the mangotini was one of the favorites). I went through two and a half books as I lay in my beach hammock. And no one seemed to fall prey to any gastro-intestinal invasions (if we don't count the morning the boy felt a little barfy).

So, all-in-all, a good time. Now it is back to the reality of life - bills, taxes, frozen septic systems, groceries, and laundry. Looking forward to spring.

4 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

yeesh, a rude welcome home indeed! glad the trip was basically successful and relaxing. hoping you all thaw out quickly and spring occurs for you soon.

1:06 PM, March 22, 2008  
Blogger Kristie said...

Welcome home! Sounds like it was a worthwhile trip.

I feel ya on the plumbing. It's a bitch.

1:20 PM, March 22, 2008  
Blogger Cheesy said...

Whoa~~~ What a shock I'd say.....

9:58 PM, March 22, 2008  
Blogger Moosekahl said...

Getting up at 6:30 to put the ham in the oven with snow falling outside just wasn't "normal". Shoveling sidewalks for my guests was even worse. Welcome home :)

9:36 PM, March 23, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home