Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Let Me Know if I Grow a Tail (or Tale)

Today was laundry day, which meant that since the temps are still below freezing and the ground is as hard as a rock, my septic system is still frozen and I was off to the laundromat for the wash portion of this little domestic chore. Actually, I had to go out anyway because I needed to make bread as well and I was out of yogurt (organic of course), which is the dairy portion of the bread I make.

It was also the day I started my experimental drug that I picked up yesterday at the Mayo, down south. Little pills packaged up in a way that would make an environmentalist weep. I nearly needed a cold chisel to get the little suckers out.

So now I am sitting around waiting to get cured, or grow hair on the palms of my hands, or break out in terminal hives or (hey, wait, I did that already). To tell you the truth, I feel fine. I'm still itching from the little gift my son passed on but I think it is getting better.

The bread is down and airing out on the cooling rack. The laundry is done and dried and folded and sorted into the appropriate baskets for the larvae to pick up when they want. The pills were ingested first thing this morning and the little "drug diary" filled out. It's getting dark out now.

I have cut the broccoli and the potatoes but I will wait on my daughter to wake up from her nap before putting the chicken in. The boy is off on his last ski night of the school year and will need to be picked up about nine tonight.

He and I are going up north on Thursday with the Wonder Dawg. He wants to "shadow" his cousin at her high school, which he hopes to enroll in come fall. I will meet with the architect who is doing the design for the house remodel and chase around some other details related to the same. Maybe squeeze in a poker game. If I don't have hairy palms that is.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristie said...

Well, you didn't get the hairy palms from blogging. Must be that OTHER websurfing you've been doing. ;)

7:46 PM, March 04, 2008  
Blogger Cheesy said...

If you survived and out smarted the pill pack.. there is ALWAYS hope!!! I am curious about the yogurt bread... recipe?

10:41 PM, March 04, 2008  
Blogger lime said...

LOL, i think kristie beat me to the punch on the hairy palms thing.

i also agree with cheesy. we need a yogurt bread recipe.

6:46 AM, March 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home