Wednesday, February 20, 2008

At the Mayo

It's been too long, but I have better excuses this time. I have been too busy scratching to waste time using my fingers for anything else (like typing).

The kids and I also went north for my father's memorial service which was very nice with lots of people I haven't seen forever. The time went too quickly though. I didn't get enough time to visit with relatives who came from far and wide.

After hurried good-byes, we drove home on Monday. Yesterday, I had a poorly feeling girl and an open house thrown by my realtor for other realtors, so the dawg and I had to vacate for a few hours in the middle of the day.

This morning, I abandoned my children once more (oatmeal hot on the stove) and made the dark drive to Rochester, home of the Mayo Clinic. Right now, I am waiting to get a CT-scan. Later today, I'll meet with my oncologist down here and a surgeon to discuss tomorrow's biopsies.

In between, I hope to meet with Moose, a long-time blogger who works somewhere within the huge Mayo structure.

Tomorrow, after recovering a bit, I'll head back home and plan on laying low for the rest of the weekend. Hopefully, my children will take care of me.

So, that's a quick update. Now, if I can just find someone to scratch my back.

3 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

I am having sympathy itch... Scabies ran through the hospital a couple of years ago. I fortunately was out recovering from surgery and bypassed the plague. Here's hoping it is all good news from the great Mayo...

1:35 PM, February 20, 2008  
Blogger lime said...

zowie, what a whirlwind of activity in between bouts of crazy itching/scratching.

how exciting that you'll get to meet moose! she is such a dear. wishing for all good news....and for the itchies to abate.

6:41 PM, February 20, 2008  
Blogger Cheesy said...

Heheheh as I used to say to my husband when we were having a tiff or feeling cranky...
"get Kathleen Turner to scratch your back.."

I'm glad you get to have a bright spot in your Mayo visit.. have a grand visit with Moose!

8:23 AM, February 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home