Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Time to Go Home

I have been trying to upload an image and enter an update for several days, but the signal strength on the pirated WIFI connection has been too weak (or sometimes none existent).

What you see here are three of the attendees of this year's ski camp. On the left is our friend from Tokyo who flies over each year for about a month of Rocky Mountain skiing. In the middle is our host and my old friend whom I raced against, and with when we were both in our teens. Lastly, there is me, looking a bit sweaty and pleased with myself for not getting injured before lunch.

This photo was taken several days ago. I am now at the public library in Breckenridge, Colorado, where I have just printed my boarding pass for tomorrow's flight home. I am still uninjured (or at least will return without any new injuries).

The snow has been absolutely fabulous - the best I have seen it in years. I am exhausted and looking forward to seeing my children and my home, but this has been a great time.

As soon as I return to Minnesota, I turn around the next morning (very early) to drive to the Mayo Clinic to see if they have any programs going on there that might offer me something. It will be a long day no doubt. I need to take a break from all this motion.

Anyway, that's all for now.

3 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

now that's a well-skiied looking bunch of guys. so glad to hear it was such a great time. safe travels home and to mayo. praying for some home at the mayo.

btw, is that hair i see in your noggin?

9:32 PM, February 05, 2008  
Blogger Kristie said...

You look tired and happy. Glad you had fun.

I noticed that, too, Lime.

Keeping my fingers crossed for some hopeful news from Mayo.

9:41 PM, February 05, 2008  
Blogger Cheesy said...

What a handsome bunch!
Safe travels my friend~~

8:32 AM, February 06, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home