Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thanks For Your Thoughts

I appreciate the cares and concerns expressed by those of you who stop by. In many ways, this is a lonely journey and much of the companionship that I have comes from you out there touching base by way of shared electrons.

I cannot express much of what I think and feel with the two little humans closest to me. They have their own full plates overflowing with hormones, school, and the myriad of details which bombard them on a daily basis. Plus, they are my children and not on a plane where I can communicate much of this stuff.

My copilot had to bail out a while back and so now I am flying solo for the most part. I have family and friends, but they are many miles away. So you guys get to be my lucky support group. Thanks for being there.

For the next four days, it is just me and the Wonder Dawg here in the casa. Both larvae are off on a four-day Youth In Government retreat where they will form a shadow state government and carry on business of said government in the official buildings during the day and carouse in one of the major name hotels all through the night. This is one of my daughter's highpoints of the year and I can expect her to come home exhausted and suffering from post-YIG depression on Sunday. She got her brother enlisted last year and it looks like he is just as obsessed.

In the meantime, I can partay down (or go to sleep early as is my usual pattern these days).

Ciao fer Niow

6 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

you've got whatever support i can offer through this medium for as long as you want it. only wish i was a bit closer to be of more practical assistance. but an ear, a virtual hug, lots of prayers, drivel to read at my place...it's yours, friend.

3:53 PM, January 10, 2008  
Blogger Kristie said...

You know where I am if you need to vent or share stories about animal perverts from my old hometown. :o)

Rest up, P.

9:39 PM, January 10, 2008  
Blogger Bitch said...

The animals in your hometown are safe for the next nine months. The pervert is back in jail for a variety of parole violations.

10:53 PM, January 10, 2008  
Blogger Cheesy said...

Enjoy the "peaceful" moments.. Hope your clan comes back FULL of enlightenment and stories of wonderment. Scratch the pup for me~~

8:06 AM, January 12, 2008  
Blogger Moosekahl said...

If you head to Mayo and need anything please let me know. A bed to sleep in, someone to unravel the "subway" for you, whatever...look me up. I went through it all with mom and find your strength and resilience very similar to hers. Until then, the prayers continue.

10:38 AM, January 13, 2008  
Blogger Phaedrous said...

Thanks to all who have left notes and to those who have not.

Moose, I'll give you a hollar if I head down your way. Let me know if you get up to the TC area. You can drop me a contact at the email listed below.

P.

12:09 PM, January 13, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home