Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Blahs

Yesterday was a chemo day, so today has been a blah day. And I was not the only one feeling low. The girl was up much of the night with the stomach flu and stayed home from school and work today. Hopefully we will have paid our dues and this will go no further for there is a busy weekend coming up.

Both kids are planning on being part of a "lock-in" party for their Youth In Government organization starting at 6 PM tomorrow night, and believing that they will actually get some sleep, they have planned other things to do for the rest of the weekend. Hmmmm, I wonder what the contingency plan is.

It's been a crazy week for me. I rode north with a friend last Sunday night and spent Monday getting my mother's house inspected and going over possible plans with a builder up there. Then I hopped a milk run bus back toward the Twin Cities, getting off a few towns north and prevailed upon my cousin to come up and pick me up for the final few miles home (thanks cous).

That left me one day here to catch up on paper work, bills, laundry, groceries, cooking, baking, and dog walking before collapsing in bed before chemo day.

I guess I'm in a mild panic over the holidays and what needs to be done yet. It feels like a Sisyphean task this year to do the day to day tasks, prepare for the holidays, decide on activities and locations, make travel plans, plus start doing all that needs to be done to prepare for a move. And speaking of that, I have prepared a new web album that might be more accessible than the last link I supplied. For those who are interested, pictures of our house can be seen here. Drop me a line if you want to know more.

Well, that's it for now. Gotta go spank an elf.

1 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

well, i remember the herculean task of preparing a european itinerary for your crew this summer and that all seemed to work out really well. at least with the holidays you can pick and choose to a greater degree what you want to bother with. still i know it' sa crazy time and moving is never an easy thing. here's hoping for as stress free a time as it can be and for lots of helping hands along the way.

11:05 PM, December 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home