Saturday, December 01, 2007

Snow

We are getting the first real snow of the season and already this morning, I have been out in two of the three cars parked here at Chez Oaks and will have the third out later this afternoon. How much snow actually falls is still up for debate. Some say 4"-5", some say 10"-12". I guess we will just have to wait and see.

The reason I am driving so many cars today is that one car has been left here by a friend while they are traveling. I needed to start it up and give it a little drive so that the fluids move, the systems get warm, and I can re-park it a little closer to the edge of our turn-around area. While doing that, I decided to fill her tank and put a little extra in my portable can for the sno-blower.

Then, I had to take my daughter's vehicle out for a test drive because we have been doing a tune up on it piece by piece to see if we could resolve a nagging balk and general poor running, and, guess what. Her tank was empty so it was off to the gas station for a second fillup. Yesterday, I oversaw the replacement of the spark plugs and an oil & filter change. My daughter reported that the car ran great afterwards and this morning I gave it the test. The destination was the county road maintenance yard where they have a used oil dump and my shop container was getting full. It looks like our repair efforts yesterday were successful - the car ran fine.

Next will be my car which (as you faithful readers will remember) has recently gone through some major engine maintenance. My reason for going out in it this afternoon will be to give my new snow tires the test.

Well, nuff said. Time to go play.

PS Number One just got her first college acceptance letter - woo hoo.

3 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

wow, we actually had 8 inches of snow a couple weeks ago. can't believe we got ours first.

congrats to #1 daughter for the acceptance letter!

9:57 PM, December 01, 2007  
Blogger Cheesy said...

I saw a couple of flakes yesterday... and then some snow too!

^5 to the woman child!

8:52 AM, December 02, 2007  
Blogger Sandi said...

Congrats to her!

3:39 PM, December 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home