Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Good News / Bad News

First, the good - I didn't have to do treatment today and so I can go hear my friend Gary play with his Grateful Dead tribute band tonight.

The bad news is we stopped treatment because it isn't working anymore.

The CT-scan I had on Monday shows a progression of the lymphoma.

Now we are back to looking at an ever dwindling list of options. My onc will call the University and the Mayo Clinic and the National Cancer Institute in Bethesda to see if there are any cool studies going on that I might be eligible for.

There are a few traditional chemo drugs out there that I have not yet tried. They are mostly used in treating other kinds of cancer, but have shown some effectiveness against lymphoma in the past. Of course, this is highly variable and holds no guarantees. I place these in the "Hail Mary" category.

Today's news was not welcome, but not unexpected either. I have been doing this for a long time and I know the score. I am centered and realistic. I also know the importance of remaining positive, which I intend to do as much as I can. You may have to put up with the occasional rant though.

P.

5 Comments:

Blogger Cheesy said...

Oh sweetie {{{{ U }}}}

7:03 PM, January 09, 2008  
Blogger amanda said...

a hundred thousand prayers are headed your way...

7:09 PM, January 09, 2008  
Blogger Phaedrous said...

Thank you both. Your support means more than you know.

P.

7:29 PM, January 09, 2008  
Blogger Kristie said...

Aw shit, P. I'm so sorry. I hope your oncologist finds something that meets your needs. Sending hugs and good vibes your way.

Still rooting for you.

8:11 PM, January 09, 2008  
Blogger lime said...

dammit.

you rant as needed. your virtual cheering section is behind you. i second what amanda says.

9:05 PM, January 09, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home