Monday, December 17, 2007

Kreaky Knees

It is common for my knees to swell when I get chemo. Usually, that is an ocurance that begins the day after treatment and lasts about 24 hours. I think it is from fluid retention, but I'm not sure.

This time, it has lasted nearly a week. I have been hobbling around the house with two jelly bags for knees that make walking and standing a precarious business. They don't hurt really, but they feel weak and unsupported. I can't bend them very well or very far.

I'm not sure what to make of it. I have been waiting to see if they get better rather than calling the docs. Today they seem somewhat improved so the dawg and I went out for a walk. The temps are in the mild region around here so I figured we could both do with a stroll. Now we are home again and I am trying to think of something to fix for dinner. A pretty average day.

3 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

yikes, be careful during walks on frozen places with such wobbly knees. don't want to hear you took a nasty spill.

so what was for dinner?

6:25 AM, December 18, 2007  
Blogger Cheesy said...

Average days on a whole... are a blessing.

8:59 PM, December 18, 2007  
Blogger Kristie said...

Merry Christmas, P. Hope it's a good one for you and the kids.

6:06 PM, December 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home