Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Fun in the Sun

Sorry for the inactivity on the web-site. We are in Mexico at a resort that is all-inclusive – except for internet access. That’s extra. So I have put off shelling out until we were about halfway through our stay.

This is my third time to Mexico and the first for the kids. We are at a large and fancy resort about fifty miles south of Cancun. The place is huge and full of kids and parents on spring break. It’s the kind of place that I once swore I would never be caught. Funny how life ends up making you eat those kinds of things.

If given the choice, I would pick a different sort of spot for a Mexican vacation, but this one is not about me and my desires. It’s about my daughter and her senior spring break trip, which she has been planning for years now. For teenagers, this is a spot that offers many distractions and constant entertainment. For an old bum like myself, it offers a hammock out of the sun and proximity to one of many bars that happily dispenses whatever concoction my fancy wishes. On top of that, I have a supply of books and an air-conditioned room to retreat to when the frenzied activity on the beach becomes too much.

I will upload some pictures when I get home (or maybe before). I am not sure how fast this connection is and I don’t want to use up my allotted time too fast.

Anyway, that’s a short update. We are all fine and not too sunburned after almost four days. More later.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cheesy said...

Oh save me a spot on that hammock!!!!!! And an umbrella drink~~~

12:20 AM, March 19, 2008  
Blogger lime said...

glad you're surviving. and though you are eating your words there are worse things in life to do than sit under a hammock with drinks and books.

7:44 AM, March 19, 2008  
Blogger Moosekahl said...

A hammack, a stack of books, and cold drinks...I'm jealous.

5:07 PM, March 19, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home