Wednesday, May 30, 2007

New Heights

Number One daughter set a new personal best this afternoon and also turned in the best vault of the entire track team at the state qualifying meet. It's hard to say which was higher, the pole, or my daughter.

I also must tell you how much I appreciate the company of my son, who is not inclined to athletics, and therefore not so prone to outside adulation, but very much dear to me none-the-less. In fact, since number one daughter is gone so much, number one son and I spend a lot more time in each other's company, and therefore the quality of said time is much more in the fore.

I can't say how lucky I feel to have these two riding shotgun with me. They have both turned into authentically interesting people, capable of holding a "real" conversation with adults of all levels. They think about things and are willing to hold discussions that defend their points of view. It's fun to watch them in public (aside from the napkin thing which remains an ongoing issue).

Not much more to say now. I started a post last night and tried to squeak in under the ambien limbo pole, but didn't make it. Maybe it will see the light of day after some editing.

TTFN, P

3 Comments:

Blogger Phain said...

as my girl (8 yrs old) gets older, i love to watch her interact with adults. she'll come to the office with me from time to time and go sit with some of the other ladies when she gets bored with me. later on they'll tell me AMAZING stories of the things she talked about with them and how well she carries herself....makes this momma proud.

6:37 AM, May 31, 2007  
Blogger lime said...

again congrats to the girl on her exciting acheivement. and i am so glad you and the boy have some really good time together that you both enjoy.

it's so amazing to watch them change and develop from baby to grown. certain stages are utterly maddening but seeing their minds and bodies gorw just astounds me no matter the age.

6:46 AM, May 31, 2007  
Blogger Cheesy said...

It's just plain wunnerful watching them blossom~~ and it never really stops as far as I can tell....

8:18 AM, May 31, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home