Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Help. My Brain Fell Out

I was running around headless earlier today, trying to get chores done before packing my poop into a couple of saddle bags and heading off on a three day journey that would take me south to Rochester, back to the Twin Cities, and finally to the Wheels & Wings show in Osceola, WI.  As I was packing up one bag, I grabbed my appointment sheet for the Mayo and glanced at the date.  Hmmmmm, September 26. Not September 6.

Once again I have fallen prey to my own shortcomings.   Sigh.

On the bright side, I can sail tonight in the Wednesday Night Races - always a plus. Nothing like a nice sail on the big lake with the sun shining down, the scrambles in the cockpit, and the sipping of barley pop when possible.

I am still heading down to the Cities on Friday to visit a couple of friends who are going through some rough patches.  And I will be going to the W&W show where I will enter the sidecar rig in the motorcycle category.  Then home again.

They say summer is over, but you wouldn't know it by looking out the window.  The hop vines are bursting with cones, the morning glories are strutting their stuff, and the squash plants are still on strike.

The kids are back in school. One a sophomore at the U. of M. in Minneapolis, and the other doing Teach for America in Chicago.  Hope to get down to visit her soon.

What else can I say?  It's the political silly season once again.  The leaves are starting to turn.  My skier friends are talking about new skis, swaps, and hill politics.

I'm looking forward to long walks in the woods with my trusty sidekick, Killer, the ten pound poodle.

Seems like a paltry blog entry upon inspection, but it will have to do.  Ta ta.

5 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

it's a happy, positive blog entry so that does just fine. have fun with the motorcycle show. got a picture of your sidecar rig? so your oldest is teaching now...wow, where does the time go?

thanks also for the kind words over at my place. they were very much appreciated. the shock has worn off and the anger has risen. trying to move past that stage with your advice and the wise words of others as well.

3:50 PM, September 05, 2012  
Blogger Cheesy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:42 PM, December 18, 2012  
Blogger Cheesy said...

You are posting more than I fer sure. Hope you are well.

8:44 PM, December 18, 2012  
Blogger lime said...

hey saw your comment at my place and looked around for an email addy. i think i found one that works but just in case, catch me at mountainlime(at)gmail(dot)com

4:31 PM, June 25, 2013  
Blogger Radish King said...

hi I wanted to tell you I moved

callingdrbombay.blogspot.com

love,
Rebecca

12:53 PM, May 19, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home