Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It's time. Not for the world to end, though I can think of some that I wish had ascended up and out of the way. No, it's time for another brief peek into my fabulous life. It really is fabulous you know. I live in a beautiful house in a beautiful place surrounded by beautiful people all doing fabulous things. Hard to complain.

What are the fabulous things I have been doing? Well, I am trying to get back on the college FM station as a DJ, something I did off and on for ten years way back in another life time. Imagine being surrounded by thousands of albums and CD's and being able to explore all of that music. I get exhausted just thinking about it.

I play volleyball on Monday nights. I crew for a friend on his boat for the Wednesday night races. I am volunteering for the local Maritime Museum, trying to improve the steam engine exhibit that they have there.

I am toying with the idea of buying a motorcycle side-car rig. Never mind all of the other auto related projects that are on my never ending to-do list.

I recently traveled to the Big City to hear one of my favorite musicians of all time - Bruce Cockburn, who put on a fab concert. We got seats about 10 feet in front of him.

My son is graduating from high school this year so we are in full transition mode for that. There are parties to plan and attend. There are college preparations to make and deadlines to meet. He is full of travel plans for the summer, blissfully unconcerned with the financial realities involved. What life will look like once he is out of the house is difficult for me to comprehend.

My health continues to be good in the overall scheme of things. The big nasties are under control and I deal with the little inconveniences that seem to accompany the addition of years to one's life as best I can. I could do with losing some weight and getting more exercise (both on my to-do list BTW), but overall I really have much to be grateful for.

This feeling of gratitude for my place in life is compounded when I look around at the trials and tribulations that so many in the world have to deal with. I have been a very lucky and blessed individual. But enough of that.

How bout them politicians - eh! How would we get along without the soap opera that is our government. I don't know about you, but in my state, the taxpayers just funded a session that produced nothing but fodder for comedians and fueled the flames of discontent. And we can't hold a candle to places like Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, and Texas. What is going on? The electorate should bend over and take a serious spanking for electing such a bunch of paranoid, uptight, ideologues who cannot budge an inch from their respective positions that do not represent the constituencies that so regrettably elected them. Forget the apocalypse. At least that would be quick. In reality, we have to live with these bozo's until the next election, and then, given our recent track record, we will do it all over again with the same zombies wearing different faces. Oi.

Well, thanks for listening. I feel better now. Bye.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristie said...

Glad to hear things are going so well. I saw Bruce C. here last year...I was a bit of a fan (Sun, Salt, and Time is my favorite of his, and the rest I'm not so familiar with), but I was a bigger fan post-show. He's impressive, and so very earnest and sincere.

12:15 AM, May 26, 2011  
Blogger lime said...

you are indeed a busy man but i am so glad your health is good and you;re grabbing the gusto. congrats to your boy too. :)

7:29 PM, May 30, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home