Saturday, August 01, 2009

Extreme Makeover - Home Edition

They are here and I am working on the project.

The same crew that did the work on my house (and only missed the original target date by a year) were selected as the builder by the EM producers and I HAD to sign on because these guys can't hit a timeline if their lives depended on it.

I also had to sign on because my girlfriend wants to dry hump Ty Pennington and I want to be there when the security guys haul her away.

That's my justification for not posting for so long. I have been spending a bunch of time sitting down with the four-day schedule and pondering how in the blue jeesus we are going to carry this thing off.

There has been a lot of advance work but the "door knock" is this coming Monday morning and then all hell breaks loose. I don't plan on sleeping from Thursday morning through late Friday.

There is no time for slippage in this schedule. None.

Then there is the weather. We are in a weather pattern that has been crazy. All ready today, we have had five or six rainy periods interspersed with wind and sun. Short of lightning, we will have to work through whatever mother nature throws our way. It's going to be nuts.

Sophie the Wonder Dawg is doing OK as far as I can tell. She hasn't lost a bit of her appetite. In fact we have a difficult time keeping her from eating the food of the other two furry occupants around here. I do need to take her in for a weight check though.

I think that I'm doing OK too. I know that I am not loosing weight. I'll be going down to the Mayo in two weeks when we'll do a CT scan to see what's cookin inside. Hopefully nothing.

That's it for now.

Oh, except that it is Blues Fest time around here and that means out of town family members are shacked up with us. We have three cousins in from steamy Portland, OR eating us out of house and home at the moment. More arriving soon.

When it gets crazy, it really gets crazy.

4 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

ya know, i have been accused of being a little slow at times, but i am beginning to think you thrive on insanity and mayhem.

can't wait to hear how the EM thing goes. you'll let us know when the episode airs?

also anxious to hear what the folks at mayo have to say.

9:39 PM, August 01, 2009  
Blogger Cheesy said...

Woo hooo! So much excitement. I have to tell you when I open your post and see the dawg in that blankie I get warm fuzzies!

9:13 AM, August 02, 2009  
Blogger Kristie said...

I thought you were kidding about EM when I saw it on your FB. I'm confused...didn't you just spend the last year+ extremely making over your house? What's left for them to do???

Home improvement with houseguests? I'm with Lime--you DO thrive on chaos.

6:03 PM, August 02, 2009  
Blogger Phaedrous said...

Ah, confusion. It's not my house. Too late for that and besides I gave up my crack habit and mutant child before I knew about EM. My house is fine as it is and it was all on me.

This is someone elses house and best wishes to them. I wonder how many of the winning contestants are still in their "free" house two years later. How many can pay the new property taxes and utilities. It would be an interesting study.

8:36 PM, August 02, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home