Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Growing Grass


To give you an example of how exciting things have been around here, my favorite occupation has been watching grass grow. I know - Mr. Excitement.

But in all honesty, the grass is growing where no grass was before as shown in the above photo. This was a sea of mud a few short weeks ago. The gardens, walls, walkways, and sod are all new. One of my other occupations has been watering the new grass because we have had zero rain in the past few weeks.

So - there you have it. All the news that is fit to print.

Oh, my layabout son finally scored a job - woohoo. He is a "greeter/seater/buser" at a local restaurant down in the Canal Park area. This is a major event since we have been all over his backside to quit laying around and earn some honest money. The girl has been working two jobs since arriving back home for the summer, so she is often gone.

I received the OK to resume my experimental cancer drug when I visited the Mayo Clinic last week. We cut the dosage in half and will monitor my situation via a CT scan on my next visit. We still don't know if the lung issues that put me in the hospital were pneumonia or a side effect of the cancer drug, hence the cautious approach on reinstating me in the program.

What else is new? Oh, the White Whale finally has a new bumper and assorted bits on its nose. It looks less like a rolling wreck now. Some of the replacement parts are not perfect matches in color so it will still need a paint job, but it doesn't look like all of its teeth were knocked out any more.

I think that's it. We are enjoying the summer here and look forward to seeing friends and family as they come to town. Stop by if you are in our neck of the woods.

2 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

oof, i have a girl child working long hours and another hustling hard to find a job and getting nowhere. i'm also looking, what a sucky activity...really.

anyway, nice grass! glad to hear you've been able to slowly get back to the medical trials. here's hoping for no recurrences of nasty lung bugs. that sort of excitement you definitely don't need.

8:39 PM, July 08, 2009  
Blogger Cheesy said...

HA! The whale sounds like an old Newport we used to have. No grill... We called it Jaws.

I will be awaiting your first post complaining about mowing that lovely yard!

11:34 PM, July 08, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home