Sunday, June 07, 2009

Day Nine

I received an upgrade in room last night. Someone came in to the hospital that needed nearly constant observation and as I have continued to improve, they moved me down to the end of the hall next to the solarium where I now enjoy a nice view of Lake Superior. Suits me.

I am getting better every day. One week ago, I was a sick little puppy. Today, I still have a little congestion in my lungs and need to cough up some junk once in a while, but no where like before. I feel almost back. It will take a bit longer to recover fully. My hemoglobin is still below standard so I will be low energy and tire easily. I will be short of breath walking uphill - stuff like that, but I should be able to go home tomorrow and finish my recovery at home.

I have had lots of company over my stay here which has made a huge difference in how all of this has gone. I can't imagine what this last week would have been like without the support of my friends and family who have stopped in and helped me spend the time between the taking of vital signs, the lab stabs, the chest x-rays, the lucid periods between the dreams and hallucinations.

Then there is Marisa who has not only been with me in the hospital for hours at a time, but also holding down the fort at home making sure the animals get fed and that there is food either on the table or in the fridge for the kids as they come and go. I don't know what I would have done without her help. Thank you, M.

I am anxious to get out of here for so many reasons. I have work to do and obligations to meet. I feel forced into this frozen state of non-activity and it is very frustrating. I hope to finish setting up the glass studio in the basement so I can get going on the job I have in front of me. Then there is the always present need to keep unpacking (and the accompanying need to find storage locations for the stuff still in the boxes). Slow, slow, slow.

Well, enough for now. I'll let you know if I get sprung tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wonderful news. I am so glad that you are on the road to recovery. Take it slow and easy. Your family and friends sound great. Wishing you many blessings.

5:05 PM, June 07, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home