Friday, April 03, 2009

Dawg is Better

The Wonder Dawg is making a slow but steady recovery from her stroke like symptoms of last Saturday. We had a professional dog sitter (my 9 year old niece) stay with her while the party swirled around.

It was quite the deal. Lots of people from all strata. Loud music, good food, wine, and beer. We counted 29 empty wine bottles the next morning and I have been working on the keg for seven days now and I still can't lift it off the floor. I'll still be sucking on it come the Fourth of July.

My co-host and BD girl suffered a bout of narcolepsy about 10 pm and stubbornly refused the entreaties of her rock-star girlfriends to get up and rally for the cause. There was talk of taking sharpies to her for some sonombulant decorating, but it turned out to be all bluster (fortunate for the sleeping one).

I got to bed about 2 AM and was not too much the worse for the wear the next morning. I spent a slow hour picking up and washing things. All in all, it was a good time.

For those of you who missed it, you can still stop by and help me with the beer.

As for the Dawg, she is still staggering a bit, but the worst of the symptoms seem to have passed. It is not known if she will make a full recovery, but I am just so releaved to see her getting better and not dying of a stroke that I will be happy wherever she winds up.

So that's it for now. Just wanted to give you an update in case you were wondering how things went.

3 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

i'd say the cohost is very lucky indeed. glad sophie seems to be improving.

7:35 AM, April 04, 2009  
Blogger Cheesy said...

whew,,,, glad all went smooth and a special pat on the head to Sophie...

9:24 PM, April 04, 2009  
Blogger Moosekahl said...

If you still have beer by the 4th I might be able to stop in for one...

2:06 AM, April 06, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home