Monday, December 29, 2008

Move It

A truck will arrive here (the southern house) early on Wednesday morning and we will (hopefully) commence loading furniture and boxes for the trip north.

I drove down yesterday in the Audi only to start getting low-coolant warnings about ten miles from my destination. Today, instead of packing boxes, I spent the day at body shops and at my insurance agents (interspersed with visits to the gas station to buy more antifreeze to feed my leaking coolant system).

This is all a result of a slow speed altercation (see previous post) with a pick up truck's rear bumper (there ought to be a law against high mounted steel beam bumpers that hit you in the grill instead of on your bumper). The repair estimates came in at about half the blue book value which insures a "total" on the car if I turn it in. If I decide to fix it myself it will still run in the thousands but not nearly as much as the "official" body shop estimates.

If I replace the radiator the rest can wait until spring or when I get a heated garage to work in. No more minus 30 repairs while laying on cold concrete for me.

Now that all of that is out of the way, I can get down to packing. If any of you are in the TC region and want to have a really good time wrapping plates and glasses and packing them in boxes, come on over tomorrow and we will fix you up.

TTFN - P.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheesy said...

Write my boss a note.. and I'll be right over!

7:59 AM, December 30, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home