Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Latest


We now have internet access at the new house. My son is ecstatic (well, not really, but he should be. The little spawn of satan doesn't ever seem to appreciate what he has). I am happy. Now I don't have to lug the laptop to some cafe or bar to check my email which has had the predictable results of too much barley therapy as a side adjunct of internet access.

We are still living in the basement of the house in a little one bedroom apartment. The SOS (see above) has the bedroom while I am sacking out on a mattress in the corner of the living room which is fine with me except for one thing. It really puts a crimp in my social life which was not a concern a few weeks ago, but that has changed and I look forward to the day when I have my own room with a door that closes.

Speaking of that, the house continues to progress. We now have real doors in place for the exterior entries instead of plywood that would get screwed into place every night. We have new insulated garage doors in place though the openers are not yet hooked up. The large picture window facing the street that arrived at the site already broken has been fixed so it doesn't look like a ghetto pad anymore. The masons have completed some of the rock work on the outside which looks really nice. We have temporary electricity and lighting set up now throughout most of the house. Some exterior landscaping has been done though most of it will have to wait until spring since the ground is now starting to freeze.

So it continues to happen, but I wish for it to happen faster.

I went down to the Mayo for my monthly checkup last Friday. Things look stable and perhaps a little better over the previous visit. It's hard to tell without a CT scan, but I'll take this kind of news any day. My blood counts are holding up with the new, full-dose amounts of the study drug which is encouraging. If I could only get rid of the cold-from-hell I would be nearly as good as new.

Let's see. Anything else? Don't think so. TTFN.

P.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cheesy said...

The cold from hell is traveling around this fine country.. I know I am about tired of it!
Dude hurry up and get a door ... we want some dirt from you!! ***wink wink***
Can't wait to see the house in progress ... always so cool to see transformations~~

10:20 AM, November 23, 2008  
Blogger lime said...

well lots of good news..internet, house progress, positive news from mayo, and a blossoming social life. woohoo!

seconding what cheesy says about the door. hehehehe.

also going to wish you a very happy thanksgiving in case you don't post again before then.

3:36 PM, November 23, 2008  
Blogger Moosekahl said...

needing a room with a door that closes uh? Sounds like all sorts of things are going well.

1:50 AM, November 26, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home