Monday, September 29, 2008

The Badger


The badger is a much maligned animal, somewhat furtive, and mostly nocturnal. This one was captured by a trail side camera in Minocqua, Wisconsin last weekend. As you can see, this particular specimen must have been disturbed as it emerged from its burrow after watching the Wisconsin football game. We sighted it later skulking around the periphery of a wedding dance that our whole family managed to attend.

The event saw my nephew joined in holy matrimony with a native of the region - hence the road trip to the Minocqua/Rhinelander region of north central Wisconsin. My son and I (and Sophie the Wonder Dawg) made a leisurely jaunt down through the side roads of the Chaquamagon National Forest, taking in the wonderful color provided for our personal enjoyment.

The fact that all of my brothers and sisters were able to make it, as well as my collegiate daughter, provided me with a lot of family bonding and a chance to catch up with the various goings on of everyone.

All three of my out of town siblings traveled back to Duluth after the affair. One had to leave immediately for the east coast, but the other two had a bit more time for family. One will leave tonight after a family dinner, and the other will go with me tomorrow to the Twin Cities to catch a flight on Wednesday.

Not much else to convey today. My health seems to be holding (if you don't count the killer kold my son passed on to me) and the Duluth house continues to come together. The other one, on the other hand, is not getting any business. The current economic clime is not helping.

Anyway, that's all for now. Cheers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristie said...

Awesome shot of the larvette. She plays it up, too.

I keep sending house-selling energy to you and a few other folks I know are trying to divest themselves. This economy has to turn around.

11:48 PM, September 29, 2008  
Blogger lime said...

sounds like a good time was had by all. poor maligned badgers. what a hoot of a shot though.

glad to hear health reports, cold notwithstanding, are good.

sure hope you can move the southern house soon.

1:08 PM, September 30, 2008  
Blogger Moosekahl said...

Even in her poutiness she's an adorable badger! Sounds like a good weekend.

9:53 PM, October 06, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home