Saturday, September 06, 2008

YoYo

That's what I feel like - a yoyo. I am bouncing back and forth between our two homes and wishing desperately that we could reduce that number by one.

At the moment, I am at the southern manse where I collect the mail, pay the bills, mow the lawn, water the plants and then leave again for the school week up north.

Today involved a bit of recreation however. For many years, I have been going to a car and air show across the Minnesota/Wisconsin border in a little town called Osceola. There is a publisher up there that is the largest dealer of automotive books in the country and every year, they toss a party that pulls in thousands of cars, motorcycles, and a few strange contraptions that defy description.

This years show was the largest I think I have ever seen. There were so many cars that they had to park them in two overflow lots somewhat removed from the main display areas. I enter my car every year simply because it's easier to enter than to try and find a regular parking space. When my camera battery finishes charging, I'll post some of the photos that I took. It was too bad that I depleted the battery before I could get a picture of the Mustang station wagon that showed up just before I decided to leave.

This is the first year that I went to this show without my son. He is usually emphatic about attending, but this year he decided to go camping on the North Shore with one of his aunts. I got a phone call from him as I was wandering amongst the acres of wheeled iron. Sounds like he is having a good time getting spoiled.

Tomorrow I will once again point the car north after packing it full of boxes that will deposited at one of the storage lockers that I have become the proud master of (another thing that I would like to divest myself of).

So, no great happenings or blinding insights. Lots of road time though and a growing appreciation of books on CD that helps pass the time away. If anything more exciting than shopping for plumbing parts happens, you will be the first to know. Till then, BBFN.

2 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

shopping for plumbing parts? man, some people have all the fun. i'm so jealous.

8:57 PM, September 06, 2008  
Blogger Moosekahl said...

Ohhh...I'm going to be doing the living here, address there thing very soon. Sunday is my official departure date for the far, far north!

12:45 AM, September 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home