Friday, January 16, 2009

A Post From Down South

Greetings from the "Southern Casa." Oh for the day that I do not have more than one casa to say this from. Oh well, what can you do?

Actually, I remain hopeful. I received notice yesterday that a couple wants to come by for a fourth showing. She is sold, but he is iffy if my reading of the signs are right. Anyway, they are coming by tomorrow morning for another look see. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Of course, the house looks partially stripped. There are great empty expanses and boxes stacked in the corners. About half of the furniture is missing. The nice thing is that this house has such fine bones that you hardly notice. If anything, it is the house that is accentuated which is what we are looking for after all. So, send positive thoughts our way tomorrow between 10 and 11 AM central standard time.

Today is my son's golden birthday and he has spent it so far by sleeping in (a plus), hanging out with a girl friend (note the space, but still a plus), taking his last behind the wheel training session and getting cleared to take his license test (a definite plus (in his mind)), and now waiting to go to another girl friend's house for a homemade birthday dinner. He is having a good time. The only thing missing is the large family gathering that has accompanied these events in the past.

Tomorrow we will head back north after he has lunch with two favorite aunts. The day after that, my daughter and I will pack the Prius to the brim and head to Madison for her return to college after a month long winter break. I am hopeful that my return from that trip will signal the start of a calmer time in our lives. The new house is almost done and once we have moved in and settled down, I look forward to thinking about what new challenges might be in front of us.

We shall see.

5 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

sending good house selling vibes...

safe travels in your various wanderings.

8:46 PM, January 16, 2009  
Blogger Grant Willard said...

Let's hope the septic system alarm does NOT go off while the iffy hubby comes back for the fourth time!

We know how fickle the system is.

10:15 PM, January 16, 2009  
Blogger Kristie said...

Hope the showing went well, and they're writing a good offer right this minute.

1:33 PM, January 17, 2009  
Blogger Cheesy said...

Soon you will be able to stay put in one zip code.
I hope for you it is very soon~~

11:44 AM, January 18, 2009  
Blogger Moosekahl said...

Month long break!?!?! I'm jealous.

Sending good vibes your way. I'm trying to rent my house now. So want it filled with somebody!

12:51 AM, January 19, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home