Wednesday, June 17, 2009

It's the Legs

Not a whole lot to report here. I experienced a couple of nights of weird and extremely powerful leg pains that seemed to strike between midnight and six in the morning. It wasn't like a muscle pain but more in the bones. Kept me from sleeping and was so strong, it was everything I could do not to scream out. Massive doses of ibuprofen seemed to help, but when I saw my doc on Monday, he said that taking that wasn't a good idea along with the prednisone I was on as part of my hospital discharge prescriptions.

Instead, we decided to bump the prednisone up for three days and see if that took care of the pain. I am happy to report that is seems to have done the trick. I have one more night of the higher prednisone dosage and then I go back down to the diminishing doses I was previously on. We will see if the pain returns.

In other news, we are still waiting for summer temps around here. The flowers are in their window boxes and planters, but it's too cold to sit out on the deck and enjoy them. I think they are hibernating anyway.

We planted two hop plants down in the ground in hopes that they will reach the second story deck in a couple of years and populate the trellis with hops for making beer. We will see about that.

This weekend is the big marathon weekend in these parts. Much craziness will ensue. We have a family coming up from the Cities to stay with us while the daughter runs the 26 mile distance. It will be nice to have the company. The day before, another family from the same neighborhood will stop in for a shorter visit. These are old neighbors of ours from years ago.

People keep asking about the house and how it's going. The house is for all regular purposes done. We have a second coat of paint that has to go on and a screen door to be hung, but everything else is taken care of (I think).

Right now, we are working on landscaping the most visible corner of the house. The back and the east side will have to wait until the NO house sells. Still not much movement there. I keep my fingers crossed though.

So, that's about it. Nice to have a lack of emergencies to talk about.

2 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

a lack of emergencies sounds downright blissful. glad you are in the midst of that rather than crisis mode. good luck to the young marathoner!

7:52 PM, June 17, 2009  
Blogger Crunchy Mama said...

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous; down here the next couple of days are expected to peak in the low 90s and the heat indices are supposed to top out between 100 and 105. Ah, summer.. For the love of God I wish I lived farther north! Never mind, of course, the fact that there are some rather nasty storms forecast for the next couple of days, which around here means tornadoes and me getting VERY little sleep (for example, it's nearly 2 AM and despite being an uncomfortible and exhausted almost nine months pregnant I am still up and awake because it might storm TOMORROW).
Glad to hear that things are going better in your neck of the woods and I hope that the prednisone's brief time on a higher dosage keeps those pains away. Keep us in mind down here in IL when you hear about tornadoes destroying cities on the Mississippi. :P

1:45 AM, June 18, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home