Monday, April 21, 2008

Road Trip Redux

I can't remember much prior to last Friday night's poker game. I lost (braincells), but I am not sure how I came out moneywise. It was a good time tho.

I had gone north for a meeting with the guys who will be doing the rennovation on the house up there. That lasted for most of the day. Then there were the couple of beers at the brewpub and then there was the poker game. I suppose I should call the host and apologize for the pile of mushy grey stuff that he must have found on the floor next to my chair the next morning. It must of happened when I bent over to pick up the quarter that had fallen off the table.

Saturday was kind of a blur. So was the week prior to all of this which is a bit troubling. I know it was busy with important stuff because I haven't blogged in all that time. Let's see? There was Monday when I woke up with my right eye glued shut with some kind of eye-snot. That led to a doctor visit, a hugely expensive prescription for eye drops and a week of wearing my glasses which has evoked several humorous responses from those who did a double take on my wearing of sunglasses over my coke-bottle wire-rims. Very funny.

Oh, yes, tax day. How could I have forgotten that.

Three track meets which I did not get to.

Various attempts to see if the septic system is unfrozen (have to wait until the level of the contents gets high enough to trip the pump switch).

Then today, I had to drive up AND BACK to Duluth to empty everything out of the main floor and the upstairs of the house so that "deconstruction" can begin this week. Work! Work is actually going to start on this project. Woo hoo.

Now, I am really tired. Oh yeah, I getting a cold too. That's why I can't remember anything.

The frogs are singing though and the windows are open. Things could be worse.

3 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

gooey eye-snot...now that's quite the image!

as for the frogs singing along...

hear the lively song
of the frogs in yonder pond
crick crick crickety crick
buuuuuuur-UM!
(old girl scout song)

10:09 PM, April 21, 2008  
Blogger Cheesy said...

It COULD be worse! You could be here in Oregon still fighting off snow .. fer craps sake!

Feel better babe~~~

10:27 PM, April 21, 2008  
Blogger Moosekahl said...

HUGS! Be prepared for tomorrow's supposed predicted "snow"!

11:55 PM, April 24, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home