Friday, June 22, 2007

Too Long

Tonight, I am making dinner for two friends and it is a bit of a challenge. I made the mistake of claiming that I make the best spaghetti sauce in the world and they had the gall to say, "Prove it." So, now I must.

The sauce is simmering, the wine picked out, the bread ready for baking, the spiced walnuts made. The salad will be put together next, the spinach washed, the pear sliced, the strawberries cut up. Toss it all with a little strawberry vinaigrette and we should be good. They are bringing the dessert.

Other than that, we are settling into summer mode. The kids have been going to track camp for a few hours each morning. K is working as much as she can since we will be gone much of the second half of vacation. J is watching too much TV.

I am worrying about all of the undone things related to our overseas adventure in about three weeks (fuck, where has the time gone?) and planning small get-aways to our heart-home-town up north.

I continue to do chemo and have seen about a week's recovery time for each treatment. Once past that point, I feel pretty good until the next session. One thing that is unsettling are the persistent night sweats of a limited fashion. I soak my pillows. I am sweating from the back of my shorn head and neck. Each morning when at home, I wind up throwing my pillows into the dryer for a bit of a detox and fluff up. This is not a good thing, I think.

Still, I am committed to making the most of each day, each week, each month for whatever time I have.

I spent a glorious 24 hours up north a couple of days ago. The weather was so nice and the company as well. It was filled with beach picnics, walking on the boardwalk, movies, wine, food, conversation and companionship - all of which are important to me as I go forward.

So, we are good (as can be) and enjoying our summer. I am sorry for the infrequency of postings, but usually that means I am having too good a time to sit down at the keyboard.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristie said...

That's the best possible excuse for not posting. Have a fun (and victorious) dinner party!

8:34 PM, June 22, 2007  
Blogger lime said...

i second sister's comment. as long as the absences mean you are having fun i'm good with that.

good food, good friends, good conversation, good companionship....it's all good to hear. may it strengthen you.

9:24 PM, June 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home