Monday, June 11, 2007

Slug

Ok, I admit it, I'm a slug when it comes to keeping this up to date. My excuse this time is that I've been busy. I was up north, doing a quick up-and-back visit that was all together too short. I walked and sat too long in the sun and now I have a beanie burn where I'm a little red in the face with a white lid where my hat was. Way kewl.

I've also been visiting with an old friend whom I haven't seen in over twenty-five years. That has been fun as well.

All of this fun has a price to pay for it however. No one was on duty to instruct the scullery elves and the food fairies so today has been one of laundry, laundry, laundry interspersed with some water sampling, and because its about the temperature of venus out there with enough humidity to float a boat, I came back from the water sampling all drippy and worn out. So, here I sit, hoping that the food fairies will come back and I can hand them the grocery list and the credit card and just tell them where to put it. My daughter doesn't think much of this plan and has scolded me for not getting her chips - NOW. After all, her summer training season started today and how can you train without vinegar and sea salt chips? Tell the fairies I suggested.

We have a busy week facing us too. Tonight, one or both kids are off to a concert. Tomorrow night is the Girl's Track Banquet followed by an out of town guest visit. Thursday I do another round of chemo, so the last part of the week will be lost ground for me and the thistles are taunting me.

So there you are. Now, where are those fairies?

1 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

it sounds as if you have been anything but sluglike! i hope both visits have been wonderful and refreshing. i feel somewhat comforted knowing i am nto the only one with demanding faries derelict in their duties. hoping you can get accomplished what is necessary before thursday, then just guiltlessly slug around while you recover.

10:36 AM, June 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home