Monday, September 04, 2006

Bother

General rant.

A little while ago, I succumed to Google's offer to switch to the beta version of their new "blogger" system. It appears that Blogger.com has been absorbed by Google.

Anyway, I did it and now, I can't post comments to the blogs of my on-line reading list who are still on the old version of blogger.com. Whenever I try, I get this message that I need to sign onto the beta version of blogger, and after I do, I am at a point where I can manage my own blogs (the dashboard), but cannot access any other blog. It is a circular loop of frustration.

So to Lime, Crystal, Cheesy, Rebecca, Tess - I am trying to comment on your posts, but am being stymied by LBB's "invisible conspiritory force."

If I had known about this issue, I would not have made the transfer.

Does anybody know what I am talking about? Is there a cure? Help?

P.

7 Comments:

Blogger jules said...

This guy: http://holtieshouse.blogspot.com/
has figured out most of the bugs on the beta and has them posted throughout his site. Plus he's a really great guy and you can email him and he's more than happy to help.

5:18 PM, September 04, 2006  
Blogger Kristie said...

I don't know, but I've had a helluva time commenting on your blogs ever since you made the switch.<-This is the 4th time I've tried to leave this comment. It failed entirely the first time. It said I was logged in appropriately the 2nd time, but still failed after I did the word verification. We'll see if this works. It didn't. So I'm forced to use my google account, which doesn't have my alias on it. Grrr.

9:16 PM, September 04, 2006  
Blogger Peter said...

Hi Douglas, I just did a test comment on Limes site which worked fine so you should be good to go.

Did you explore the "fonts and colors" section in Beta yet, you can choose colors for sections of your site and also fonts and font sizes, smaller or larger, can make reading a lot easier,
I'm just sayin'

10:14 PM, September 04, 2006  
Blogger lime said...

aww, thanks for explaining. i did get peter's comment. i've noticed some of my other 'beta' version readers have taken to commenting anonymously and signing their name at the end of their comment (since i allow anonymous comments at my place). i have noticed that i sometimes have trouble commenting at beta blogs. i am a little leery to switch to beta given the problems people seem to be having. i certainly take no offense but i thank you for mentioning it. forgive me for being a bit slow about jumping on the beta bandwagon.

11:23 AM, September 05, 2006  
Blogger lime said...

oh also, in the meantime if you'd rathe rnot do the 'anonymous' thing but there is somethign youreally want to say, my email is on my profile.

11:24 AM, September 05, 2006  
Blogger Beth said...

I gave up blogger long ago. Life is better on this side of the fence.

9:54 PM, September 05, 2006  
Blogger Megs said...

Yea, I've been having problems too, wish I could just switch back...

2:44 PM, September 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home